Friday, November 30, 2012

40:8


I always did right by you.
Even when it was easier not to.
Never spoke against your name.
Or doubted your outrageous claims.

But for all the good things I've done
What grand prize is it I've won?
Forced to watch all I have flee
and all I'm left with is my misery.

And even after I've accepted
How it feels to be neglected
Still my tongue was always tied
For you were always on my mind.

So now you come here saying things
How all of the blame sits on me.
And even after so much pain
Still, I won't curse your goddamn name.

If this is my grand destiny
To see my children die in front of me
I'd rather have been born blind
I'd rather pluck out my own eyes.

Once my feeble body expires
And I'm forced to retire
I'll be comforted to know
where I'm going, you dare not go.

No comments: