Thursday, August 23, 2018

HOONOSE

Oh boy! Oh boy!
Now here we go
Collect your thoughts
then toss them aside
you won't need them
where we're going
Oh no! Oh no!
You'll only need mine.
The pictures get painted
monochromatically
with brush strokes so
emphatically
an epithet, a parapet;
my shiny silver coin
has been spent.
I gave my time
to a broken watch
that could keep
me from being late
I smashed it's face
I broke it's hands
now I control
this timeless land.
I deem myself
a worthy pope
alas, I spoke
and it was good.
the secret word
was uttered once,
could you tell?
did it stick inside
the brain space
get stuck to your hemisphere
like I thought it might?
I wonder if the fight
is ever worth the instigation
My blood flows black
in resignation.
finally; finality
is but a distant
non-memory
somethings never are meant
somethings are better
not heaven sent
my heaven is a box
a black box
full of blinking lights
each at a different rate
each a slightly different brightness
all the same color
all the same size.
my heaven stops
but I am fine.

No comments: