Sunday, September 2, 2018

Patience

You're better than that
At least a bit
You're better than those
In the thick of it
You're better than me
You passed that test
Better than those
Who've yet to confess
I'm tired of this
These hourglass days
Suns that fade
Endless charades
I'm too weak for this
These experiments
These placebo coffins
Are suffocating
I'm tired of trying
Crawling around
I'm tired of hiding
Avoiding the crown
Definite demise
Prophetic obscurity
Indifferent denial
Sufficient deficiency.
If I look back on this
Thirty yesterday from now
I'll wonder to the gods
What meaning have I found?
Not much, I said
Though I wish I hadn't
Somedays I return
To the boy I was once
I watch him in his room
And give my subtle warnings
It's not worth the trouble
But the risk is too great
Just sit on your hands, kid
And wait, wait, wait.

No comments: