Friday, March 22, 2019

Sleepyseed

Heaven help me
I'm on my knees
begging and praying
to set me free
from so many games
with forgotten rules
it's too mundane
to be abused
Heaven once tried
to escape us mortals
closed the gates tight
and left em boarded
when crowds gathered around
they knew who to blame
the devil brought us
we're all insane
but once we return
to the geological shit
we'll be reminded by dirt
we're no better than it
nor is the fool
who cobbles his shoes
only to find
they're a size too small
nor is the leper
who feels no pain
he lives euphora
while none remains
I'm denying my right
to submit myself again
to something more worthy
than a cast iron pan
it's sturdy at least
from whence it came
we now know not
who's price was paid.
I'm rambling again
these words in my head
all come out as jargon
and I've made my bed.

No comments: