Thursday, June 26, 2008

People Should Not Leave Doors Open.

Doors are amazing things, they create the opportunity to make a barrier in front of something, and then almost instantly become an opening. Doors give people privacy, and they give people protection. But what happens when people abuse the privelige of having doors? I will tell you.

So many times do people not close doors. Why is this? Do people have a quarrel with doors being closed? Personally, I feel that the purpose of a door is to be open AND closed. But why are there people who prefer doors to never be closed? Whenever I see someone walk out of a doorway, leaving the door completely open, it bothers me. How hard is it to shut a door? Not very hard! So clearly it isn't a matter of people leaving them open because it is dificult. So why then? Everytime I ask these "Leavers Of Open Doors" as I call them, it's almost the same response. "Hah! That door doesn't deserve to be closed!" or "So what! It's not like the door isn't capable of being left open!" I do not understand those people. Sure, a door CAN be left open, but at whose expense? Surely, it is a door for a reason. If there was no need for a door, it would just be an opening. But it is not an opening. It is a door, and it is to serve a purpose. To open and close. Those "Door-Makers" as I call them put them there on purpose, and I would appreciate it if people would respect their wishes.
So please, I urge you, shut the door behind you. There's enough problems in the world as it is.
(ex. world hunger, war poverty, broken windows)

No comments: