Sunday, July 27, 2008

An Open Letter.

An Open Letter To The Man Wearing A Red T-Shirt And A Cowbow Hat Walking Along The Highway.



Hello, Mr. ???

I am going to call you "Doug", simply because I do not know your actual name. In the off chance that Doug is your name, well then I guess I'm just a good guesser. Anyway, Doug, we have not been formally introduced. I am Kyle, from the Gold Pontiac G6 on Highway-12. You waved at me while you were walking, and I was driving, but I didn't wave back. Sorry about that, by the way. I was a little flustered by a strange old man wearing a cowbow hat waving at me. The cowboy had didn't bother me, I'm used to it in this area, but the waving did. Why were you doing that? I mean, you didn't wave at the car in front of me, or the car behind me. I know this because I checked my rear-view mirror.



So why then did you wave at me? We do not know each other, I am certain of this. There was also a woman walking next to you, but she did not wave. You both were wearing red t-shirts, which I found odd. Why were you both wearing those red t-shirts? Was this a coincidence? Are you in some sort of a group, or team together?



Another thing I noticed was the grin on your face. It looked pleased and friendly, but deep behind it, I saw a sinister man with cruel intentions. What were you thinking? Maybe I am looking too much into it. After all, I didn't get a good look, seeing as I was driving.



At first, when I saw you walking, I assumed you were broken down, and walking to a gas station, although that seemed unlikely because there was a gas station right behind you. I also considered the possibility that you were homeless, and looking to hitch a ride, hence the waving. But there was something different about you. You were not dirty, like most homeless people. You DID have facial hair, though. But it looked intentional and neat. You also were waving, which further supported my theory of you being homeless, but your wave was not pleading and frantic. It was calm, and again, friendly.

Doug, I don't know why you were walking, and I do not know why you waved at me, but I just want you to know all of the confusion this caused me.

I hope you're happy, Doug.

No comments: