Thursday, April 11, 2013

There's Something

There's gas in the tank. There's food in our bellies.
There's nothing but white noise on the telly. 
There's engines still idling. There's tongues still tied. 
There's something in the way the oceans rise. 

Something I can't hold. Something I can't fold. 
Some things get buried when they get old.
Something I can't take. Something I can't shake.
Some things get lost in havocs wake.

There's money in our pockets, there's change in our cup.
There's excuses to explain the means to your luck.
There's a never ending hum, a constant reminder.
There's a damn good reason why you cut that wire.

Something I can't place. Something I won't erase.
Some things are better gone without a trace.
Something I don't need. Something that makes me seeth.
Some things heal but other wounds still bleed. 


No comments: