Thursday, March 21, 2019

Pool.

I used to bleed crimson
now only ignorance
see me see me!
can you feel me?
do you hate
the warmth surrounding?
I used to pay attention
now only in increments
give me my fair share
or give me a shorter rope
there's only enough to give
the fainest semblance of chance
there's only enough love
for one of you, she said
how dare you! you fool!
clutching to old habits
praying to new gods
you've only just founded
searing pain! vulturous games!
waiting on decadence
to fade into decay
but we've only just started
to heal.

I used to pray to my mothers god
only to find that I did it wrong
used the wrong title
bowed a little too low
know my faith's beneath
the undertow (oh no)
my mother tried to fix
what defiance has yet wrought
indentured dilapidation proves
there's something left forgot.

I used to believe in combustion
now only evaporation
waste me waste me!
don't overtake me
just feel the steel
and let it break me.
do you believe the shimmering?
does it look the same this time?
does it breath the way you do?
is this your solitude, or mine?


No comments: