Tuesday, May 17, 2022

What I've Got.

I've got a dollar on the last one

It paid out now worthiness is gone

It never mattered if it's dirty 

so long as it can be redeemed. 


I've got another broken wheel left

It took me twice as long to roll it here

I traded every ounce of blood for kerosene

and now I'm burning all my things


I've got one hundred million particles

They look like me under a microscope

I washed them all with that kerosene

and now they're yearning for my help


But you won't ever see the light of day! 

You'll never speak when there's nothing left to say! 

It's hard to run when you've got no legs! 

You'll never make it until you crawl! 


I've got a lot of reasons left to stay. 

It doesn't take all night to run away. 

I used to have an engine warming up

but I've got nothing left inside my cup. 


It never mattered to me anyway! 

I used to beg and beg and beg and beg! 

I'm tired of screaming out inside my head

Everything I know is buried beneath my bed. 


And you can't make me believe anymore than I can

I used to pray that he would take my hand

and make me better, make me understand

Why is it so hard to be a simple man? 


I'm gnawing on my millstone.

I'm grinding teeth until I get to bone.

I'm tearing at the seams until there's nothing left

Just tatters and tatters of worn out thread! 

No comments: