Monday, January 13, 2020

Clarity and the Boredom that comes with

Damned if do
and if I don't, damn
it doesn't matter who
we'll just say manager
until we run out of expletives
we'll start using the bleep
until we get tired of pretending
we forgot what the words mean
and if I settle into the sediment
and sift into the flotsam
I'll combine myself and make a float
and drift away towards mecca.
isn't that the prized one?
an ancient prophet told me so.
I never liked his manner of speech
much less the cut of his brow.
it doesn't matter who
so long as you know when
it doesn't matter to me
it only matters when
the timing is suspect
but the subject is timid
I wait awhile for some bird
to build a nest in my ear canal


I tried giving up again, we'll see how long it lasts this time.
I tried giving in again, but lost when I fell out.

No comments: