Thursday, January 30, 2020

Woof woof.

The dog in the back of my mind barks.
He is trying to tell me something.
I turn around to see him running in the opposite direction.
He is trying to lead me to something.
I follow as quickly as I can, trying to keep up.
He's running at full speed, he is panting.
I finally catch up and when I do,
We're standing at the edge of a cliff.
To fall from this height would be fatal.
To look over would induce anxiety.
This dog stands at the edge of this cliff.
He looks into the distance below, and back to me.
In a whirlwind of emotions, I can understand.
This cliff, this great distance beyond is not for me.
It is meant as a cautionary tale.
Do not follow the dog that leads you astray.
You have forgotten where you were going in the first place.
Whose dog is this, anyway?
I don't remember calling his name.

No comments: